Welcome

Welcome to Get-Eco Family blogs

Monday 1 October 2012

To Shop or Not to Shop online?

The past two years whilst researching products for our website I notice more and more companies joining the online shopping catalogue. Woolworths was probably the biggest that I noticed when they had to close all their shops and go to online only followed by lots of well known brands.
I have always shopped mainly online for the convenience. Whilst working fulltime with a small child it was the easiest way to shop whilst she slept.
We set up Get-Eco online gifts and gadgets as a way of getting products out there in the most convenient way.
It is family friendly running a website but the growing competition is hard work. We have recently started doing more fete's and markets and notice not many people spend money in shops unless there is a huge sale.
Checking online for what you want is a lot easier than trapesing round the shops especially with young children. This has all led to my question of whether to continue with markets and fetes with all products or just take leaflets??? My mind is still unmade. I have a few more markets to do before christmas so only time will tell. It seems more and more physical shops are leaning towards online shopping and closing smaller shops. I am thinking I should look into this again in 2 years to see if the market has changed especially with all the new technology emerging every day and more people shopping on IPADs and mobile phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment