Welcome

Welcome to Get-Eco Family blogs

Monday 28 May 2012

SEO (what?)

Many people have mentioned SEO to me.  I wasn't really sure what it meant to be honest but it means Search Engine Optimization. I have read some of the 60 page manual that I downloaded when I started the Get-Eco shop site from e-pages but didn't really understand what it was all about.

As I run the "back office" on our website I have learnt a lot about shopping and e-commerce and I'm glad that I have always been interested in IT and how things work. 

I met with Matt from OpenGlobalWeb through a recommendation.  Matt is excellent - he came to the office and went through everything at my PC so all changes were instant. We spent four hours updating the e-commerce site and I learnt a lot during that one morning.  I am not sure I would have learnt as much specific detail on a computer course.

I understand most things now. Ok, I can't write my own command threads but at least I have an insight into how it all works and what I am able to do.

Now, all that is left is for me to continue updating our website and "seo-ing" all the product pages.

It's something that most people would hate but I must admit I may be among the few that enjoy it.

If you would like to know how it all works or want someone who is going to give you good advice and value for money then I would definitely recommend speaking to OpenGlobalWeb.

Happy surfing!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Another recommendation that worked out for you Lisa! Matt is really great. Did you get any help with your website writing ;-)??

    ReplyDelete