Welcome

Welcome to Get-Eco Family blogs

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Green cleaning? no chemicals? no bleach?

Starter Pack
I love shopping and finding new products. I have been searching for cleaning products for a while. Which I thought wasn't as exciting as finding handcrafted wooden gifts for the home but I stand corrected.
I realised that we use cleaning products constantly and needed to find something with an "eco story" of it's own.
I was introduced to "Wendy Goes Green" by Beth Whittaker (viva-pr) at a recent SBN meeting (Stroud Business Womens Networking).Wendy makes and packages all the cleaning products herself.


I was a bit sceptical as to whether this product would work so Wendy gave me some to try out. Wendy also came to our office and gave me a demonstration on using the cleaning products. We won't need to clean now until she comes again.

Before
I took the starter pack home and used them on our teapot! 

After
I was pleasantly surprised with the "shake and clean" as I sprayed some water (we like not using lots of water) on the teapot and sprinkled some clean and shake over. Watched it fizzle (like chemistry experiments) - left for a couple of minutes and wiped clean with some kitchen towel. Voila! Clean teapot.





vase with sticky label
 I then thought what else can I test this on. I have a vase on my windowsill that had a sticky label on that I have tried for a very long time to remove.
I didn't think it would come off but I sprayed the glass and window cleaner and left for a few minutes and the sticky label was removed and no sticky print left either.
Genius!
no sticky label or sticky glass



clean compost jar
before clean
This is our compost jar kept on the windowsill for all our egg shells, salad bits and teabags etc to go in the compost bin.

I usually soak this for a while every time it is emptied as I don't like seeing it half full and dirty.
I sprayed it with the all purpose cleaner. The first spray does wiff of vinegar but not too strong. Left if and then wiped it all off. Excellent. No more soaking!


clean cooker
not so clean cooker


I wasn't sure about advertising the fact that my cooker is dirty. I do clean it regularly but with a busy family and working life it's not always easy to spend hours cleaning the cooker. Not a job I like doing. But I sprayed the multisurface cleaner on and left it and then wiped off with kitchen roll. Easy peasy! Even for me.
  
We have yet to conclude our discussions on retail and pricing but I think this product is great and can't wait to get the "starter" packs on our website for everyone to be cleaning with natural products.

I'm off to clean everything now and hope Wendy didn't want the testers back :-) No more soaking for hours and no more bleach or a cupboard full of products that all do different things.

All of Wendy's products can also be used outside and there is a link to Wendy Goes Green on our website www.get-eco.co.uk

Happy cleaning
Lisa xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention - and great review of Wendy's products! really must get some to try myself! Beth

    ReplyDelete