Welcome

Welcome to Get-Eco Family blogs

Tuesday 15 May 2012

On the High Street

Saturday 12th May! 
I joined lots of great working mums for a day at Beechwood Shopping Centre. 


We all arrived early. I have lived in Stroud for the past 7 years but have never ventured into Cheltenham alone until now.

I have a great husband who wrote down the driving instructions of how to get there and back as we don't own a "sat nav".

The instructions were really easy thank goodness and the roads were quiet. Think it was something to do with the sun we hadn't seen for a long while.







Once at the car park I found a trolley and unloaded the car. Thinking I had probably brought way too much stock. 

Hayley from Economummy had kindly put up signs directing us through the maze of corridors to the back of the shop. It was like hansel and gretel without the breadcrumbs. Once I had managed to manoeuvre the huge trolley cage (not sure how they wheel them around at the supermarket so easily) I found the shop.  

It was a great space with lots of tables set out for us all to showcase our products and services. 

I met lots of great mums who work hard to juggle family and home and work life. 

I set up my stall and we all waited. It was a great experience and we did have quite a lot of footfall during the day. I gave out lots of leaflets and sold a few things too. Which was a bonus! Everyone commented on the eco-friendly toys. 








Peppa Pig also made a few appearancees throughout the day. I'm guessing she had to just go and have a rest in between visiting children and wandering around the shopping centre.

The children really loved Peppa Pig. But we never actually saw Hayley and Peppa Pig at the same time. Very strange.
 


Hayley does a great job getting mums out on the high street. I would highly recommend taking a look www.economummy.com and maybe coming along and booking your place at the next Economummy on the High Street. It's hard work and very tiring. I did feel like barbie from toy story by the end of the day. My cheeks were hurting from smiling all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment